- 232100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USAhttp://www.shermanlibrary.net/event/sherman-fall-festival/2100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USA
Stop by the Sherman Fall Festival and meet Library Board of Trustee members. We’ll have fun crafts for the kids and information on Library services and programs!
- 24No events
- 252100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USAhttp://www.shermanlibrary.net/event/story-time-31/2100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USA
We sing songs, listen to stories, and play during this interactive story-time. Great for ages 0-3! Story-time runs from 10:30-to 11:00 a.m.
- 262100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USAhttp://www.shermanlibrary.net/event/story-time-dragons-2/2100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USA
We sing songs, listen to stories, and make a craft during story-time. This week’s theme will be “Dragons”. Great for ages 3-5! Story-time runs from 10:30-to 11:15.2100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USAhttp://www.shermanlibrary.net/event/voter-registration-night/2100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USA
Officials from the Sangamon County Clerk’s office will be at the Library this evening registering voters.
Qualifications to be a Registered Voter
In order to be qualified to register to vote:
- You MUST be a US citizen
- You MUST be at least 18 years of age by the date of the next election EXCEPTION: For a General Primary 17 year olds may register and vote in a General Primary if they will be 18 as of the following General Election (per PA 98-51, eff 1/1/14)
- You MUST reside in the precinct 30 days prior to the next election
- You MUST not be convicted AND in jail
- You MUST not claim the right to vote anywhere elseTwo forms of identification are required to become registered. One must show your name and current address. The second form must show your name.These forms of identification shall include, but not limited to:
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Student I.D. Card
- State I.D. Card
- Credit Card
- 272100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USAhttp://www.shermanlibrary.net/event/robot-fun/2100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USA
Come to the Sherman Public Library and play with a NAO robot (pronounced NOW) on Wednesday September 27th from 6-7 p.m. NAO is a fully programmable robot that can recognize faces, detect where sound is coming from, touch, feel, and avoid obstacles, perform tai chi, and even read a Star Wars story! These robots make excellent friends and can be used as a great tool in teaching autistic children. The Illinois State Library received a Sparks! Ignition grant through IMLS. Staff from the Illinois State Library will be on hand to demonstrate the NAO robot capabilities.
- 282100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USAhttp://www.shermanlibrary.net/event/fire-safety-program-at-the-library/2100 e andrews, Sherman, IL 62684, USA
The Sherman Public Library and the Sherman Fire Protection District are teaming up to provide a fun Fire Safety Program called “Every Second Counts: Plan Two Ways Out” on Thursday September 28th from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
– Learn about fire safety and create a fire escape plan
-See how a firewoman dresses to protect herself while fighting a fire
-Tour the inside and outside of a fire truck
-Listen to firefighters read stories
-Take home free activity books and stickers
-Meet local volunteer firefighters
- 29No events
CLICK ON THE "SHARE" ICON
to search Sherman Library and over 400 downstate Illinois libraries
Get an explanatory brochure to guide you.
CLICK ON THE "Journal-Register" ICON for electronic version of the SJ-R archives. You will need to enter your library card number.
The library is offering access to the State Journal Register from 1985-today through NewsBank
These practice tests are good for the permit test, driver’s license test and the senior citizens’ refresher test. The written part of those tests at all Illinois DMV locations is the same.
The Sherman Library Book Club List 2007-2017:
The Sherman Library Book Club Selection for September 12th 2017 is "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother " by Amy Chua.
The Sherman Library Book Club meets every second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the Meeting Room of the Library.
FirstSearch is an online service that gives users access to a rich collection of reference databases and WorldCat. Look here if you can not find material in SHARE. (Please contact Sherman Library for login information.)